Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Review #5.3: Bodyline - Shoes and Socks

My wonderful man recently bought me an absolute haul of lolita from Bodyline! Such a haul, in fact, that I have split my reviews into various sub-sections to avoid gigantic uber posts of doom. This is the section about shoes and that classic shoe-accompanying accessories, socks!


Shoes271, 245, blk-owh

Given that I still wasn't sure what size I was exactly we decided to order this pair of shoes down from what was most likely my shoe size, 250. And given that we were accurate in our measurement of 250 these shoes were a tiny bit too small. They are really, really cute though! An odd detail that may not be noticeable in the product photos is that the tongue of the shoe is actually kind of ruffly. 




Shoes265, 250, blk-owh

Ridiculously cute? Yup. I was worried these boots wouldn't fit around my calves - my calves aren't unusually large but I was concerned that these would be made with thin legs in mind. But they are actually an absolutely perfect fit and really, really comfortable. They're actually a lot sturdier than I was expecting as well and I feel like they'll hold up well to wear. The photo I took of them was rather shoddy, but the original product photo shows them perfectly, so there's really no need.

Shoes257, 250, owh

These shoes are almost too cute for me! They fit perfectly and are comfortable and easy to walk in but my goodness they are unbearably cute! And they also scuff far to easily as I have already discovered. So I think they will be my last foray into white shoes because I don't like having to worry about my clothes overmuch. But still, they are wonderful, and cute, and if they get really scuffed I might see about getting one of my housemates to do a custom painting job. 




Socks425, sax


Socks423


Socks412, blk and owh


Socks354, pik

All the socks are totally and utterly adorable, and quite good quality as far as socks go. However, the band at the top won't stretch enough to reach up to under my knees which is disappointing. I tried on the blue ones but the others have remained in their packets. Two pairs are going to my niece for her birthday and I'll figure out something with the others. It's a bit of a bummer, but given that they are a one size item from a Japanese website it's not really too surprising that they won't fit the legs of a Western girl on the larger side of average.

The Pros:
  • All the shoes are really good for the prices. They are definitely on par with equivalent quality shoes you'd pick up from a shopping centre and the details are really nice.
  • The sizing of these three pairs are very consistent - I've read sometimes that Bodyline has variable sizing but not with these shoes.
The Neutrals:
  • The socks don't fit my legs. But that's not entirely unexpected and I should have bought a test pair instead of several at once.

Other sections:
Intro Post
Dresses
Blouses
Jackets
The Others

No comments:

Post a Comment