Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

Review #29: F+F Chiffon Lovers

When FanPlusFriend came out with the Chiffon Lovers series, I fell in love with the skirt. But I'm trying not to buy new skirts, as JSKs are far more flattering on me. But I didn't love any of the colours the JSK came in, or more accurately, I loved but wouldn't wear the colour options [except black, but I already have a black JSK] until I remembered that F+F do custom colours. Lightbulb!

I do not have the complexion for pastels...

So I used their contact form to ask if the JSK could be made in the burgundy that the skirt came in and if so, what the price increase would be. Two days later I got a reply saying that they had added the option to the JSK listing, it would be an additional $5 and the lace may be different from the stock pictures. I sent in a thank you and placed my order on the 11th of August.

Since it was a make-to-order item, there was meant to be a turn around time of 2-3 weeks, which I was fine with, but for some reason my order was marked as "Awaiting Shipment" on the 12th, though it wasn't shipped until the 28th, which made me a bit impatient! But it was still in the 2-3 week time frame, so all good. I received the package on the 4th of September.

And inside the package, there was this little bag! That seems to be a new thing, as I've never gotten a F+F tote with a purchase before.


The dress came neatly wrapped in a branded bag...


And the dress itself! It's an absolutely gorgeous piece of work, fully lined, the chiffon is very soft and silky, the lace is of decent quality. It's accurate to the stock picture and the listed measurements and I really like it. There'a a side zip but I recommend just slipping it over your head if you can because I had a hell of a time getting the zip done back up [in the end I had to get James's help with it!] because of the full back shirring. The only flaw I found was a single thread that needed trimming near the zip.



So all in all, I am very happy with this new addition to my lolita wardrobe. I'm falling very in love with solid coloured pieces, and this is an absolutely beautiful one!

2 comments:

  1. The colour and style of this dress is gorgeous! I suddenly feel inspired to add this to my cart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's a gorgeous dress, and so comfortable too!

      Delete