Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Lolita 52: Trends I thought I would never get into, but now I love and; Trends I thought I loved, but now I’m not too keen on

I’ve lumped these two topics together because this is going to be another “not really very interesting” post on my part because I’m largely ambivalent on lolita trends. I see them come and go, but I just pick up styling ideas I like and ignore the ones I don’t. I’ve never particularly hated or loved any or at least, I haven’t really had any changes of heart in that regard that were noticeable enough for me to, well, notice.

The closest thing I have to a trend I disliked but now like, is really big hair in sweet lolita. I never hated it, but was rather meh about it, but now, especially due to people like bowsbeforeboyss, who just seem so vivacious, I’m coming to like it more and maybe want to try it one day myself.


I honestly can’t think of anything that is a “love turning to hate” for me, so I’m going to end this incredibly wishy-washy post right here. If you have experienced any drastic changes of heart towards lolita trends, please let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I was into the fashionable sweet Lolita and now I've moved over to classic as I think it suits me better/my feelings towards sweet prints changed. As for things I wasn't into but now I am... Um, matching my whites. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, I started off the same but I still adore full on sweet, I'm just not comfortable wearing it.

      Delete
  2. As a new lolita discovering my tastes I think I like things a bit sweeter than I first thought? I always imagined myself a classic/military style lolita but I seriously love florals and can't seem to buckle down and get me a nice neutral, simple main piece. lol I doubt that's a switch though. I guess I don't really like the cross print trend . . . or animal prints (cats bunnies).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I found you never know what you'll like until you're actually wearing it. Fair enough on the cross trend but I have to disagree on animal prints, especially cats!

      Delete