Pages

Thursday 31 March 2016

Lolita 52: What influences my lolita style?

Short answer: Everything!

Long answer: Well, the short answer really did kind of sum it up. Mostly though I take a lot of inspiration from whoever I’m having a lolita crush on at the moment, and whoever that is changes over time and has ranged all over the place though generally in the sweet-classic end of the lolita spectrum, as I’m not that into gothic or ouji.

Fanny Rosie will forever be one of my lolita style icons.

Generally, when I cruise other blogs, CGL, livejournal and tumblr I see a wide variety of things and some just stick with me. I like seeing how people coord pieces and develop their personal styles. I honestly wish there was more lolita content to browse everyday!

I don’t tend to draw much inspiration for lolita from other fashion styles; even though I know there is a lot of overlap with other styles of dress I feel that lolita is distinct enough that I don’t tend to import ideas into it. But within the lolita sphere pretty much anything can count as inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, everything could be inspiring, even the things that aren't your style. It doesn't always have to be a big inspiration, sometimes even seeing how someone else arranges accessories on their hair can make you go "Oooh, that's good, I'm going to try that!".
    For me personally I find that other fashion styles do inspire my Lolita, but also my Lolita inspires my non-Lolita wardrobe as well, so it works both ways. :)


    https://cupcakes-and-unicorns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean about lolita also influencing your non-lolita style, I find I tend to be more well coordinated in general now.

      Delete