Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

L174 Outfits aka The six month ruffle

Yes, it really did take me over six months to actually finish sewing that ruffle to the bottom of this dress. What can I say? Sometimes I'm very good at procrastinating. Anyhow, the ruffled was needful because this dress was a bit too short for my tastes without it, but with it it's lovely! L174 is an older Bodyline piece and is a style I wish they'd make more of. Or not, really, because I really don't need more lolita.


I love this print, it's really pretty and detailed, and I like that it's a darker classic dress without losing the hint of cuteness that I like in lolita.


First up I ran with a fairly straightforward look, something nice and elegant. I'd wear this with black lace tights but as I always say they photograph terribly!


Next, another look which would also include black lace tights but an overall much lighter look. I love how the light colours on a dark background really enable you to go in a variety of directions with a main piece.

Also, as an aside I want to draw your attention to the barrette bow. Lately I've been embroiled in a big, stressful, life consuming project at work and Nat (my friend, housemate, and co-worker) one day bought me a goody bag of cosmetics and accessories to cheer me up. This bow was in that bag of joy and I wanted to take the chance to mention that she's a lovely human.


Lastly I tried a sweeter look, which I really don't have much to say about so I'll leave it at that!

4 comments:

  1. That really is a gorgeous JSK, such a shame that Bodyline doesn't have it anymore because it's exactly what I've been looking for to satisfy my floral obsession (unless it only came in black, which I couldn't do). The ruffle looks great, definitely adds another dimention of elegance and an almost Mary Magdalene-esque feel to it, as they love that sort of floral-dress-and-complimenting-block-colour-bits look. I think the middle outfit is my favourite, but then again, I'm biased. :P If you found just the right shades of pink and lavender that'd match those on the print they could make for elegant coordinates too - but to be fair, because the background is a versatile solid colour you could do a lot with this JSK. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it came in white, offwhite and pink, maybe? I've got one of the skirts in this fabric in offwhite, which I also love to pieces.

      Thanks! I think I like the middle outfit most as well, I'm really trying to veer away from too much black so I like how that one balances it out a bit.

      Delete
  2. I like the sateen-y sheen to the ruffle, and I love that even though you have two mostly-black outfits they're still different enough in style to seem totally different ways of wearing the same dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with the ruffle, it's a perfect match for the satin top of the dress (that you probably can't even see in the pictures too well).

      Haha yeah, it just goes to show that colours isn't everything :)

      Delete