Pages

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Shades of green; Handmade floral skirt outfits

I really get a kick out of doing these outfit posts with pieces I've made myself - it's a good feeling! This time around the outfits are with the green floral skirt I made in 2016. I also made a matching headbow for this skirt, which was a first for me, and I'm contemplating making some two ways bow clips to go with it as well and while I was putting these outfits together I found my headwear options quite limited, and other than the headbow I made and another one I own nothing matches!


And it's such a pretty, comfortable skirt that I want to give myself a few more coordinating options so I can wear it more!


I wasn't too excited about the outfits I came up with for this skirt last time I did flat lays for it (they're fine, just a little dull) so I wanted to try coordinating it with a new colour, and soft peach pink seemed a good choice. This would be worn with pink ankle socks as well, and I really like it. It's super casual, and super wearable, just how I like it!


Next I tried something a bit more typically lolita. This is where making a few little bows to match the skirt would be great, as having one of those on the fur collar would really help ti this look together. Or a forest green brooch of some kind, I suppose. I liked doing another lighter coloured look with this skirt.


For my last coordinate I tried going a bit cuter but I think I missed the mark a little, the socks are too bright. I think an ivory blouse and brown bolero would have made the OTKS work better, or alternatively I could have run with darker socks. Ah well, these flatlays are always a learning experience! And I learned that I can coordinate this skirt in a few more ways than I had initially thought ^__^

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! The middle outfit is my favorite, well balanced, but I love how well the fawn accessories go with it, too, I wouldn't have thought to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the first outfit is my favourite, but the second is definitely "the best" if you look at things objectively.

      Delete
  2. It is a nice skirt with a lot of options. More green accesory could make it more verstaile, but the question is more you want more options, it is already very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^__^ Haha yeah, I just like having lots of options and I don't feel like I currently have lots, lol, just several!

      Delete
  3. That's so great that you can make your own lolita items. Being full-time and time-poor really puts a lid on a hobby like this. Especially if you're standing at the front end of it. ⁽⁽(ཀ д ཀ)⁾⁾้
    Just as you point out, the skirt is a lot more versatile that you would initially think. I think all those colour work well together and I can understand why outfit one would have your vote. That's just comfortable clothing right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well I hardly ever do anymore, due to said full time work (plus commute, ugh), and this one is from a while ago. But I do still manage to make a bits and pieces. My next goal is some small accessories...that will probably take me the rest of the year!

      Thank you ^__^

      Delete